Recipe Attempt 1 (November 2012)–Success!
Recipe for cheesecake adapted from: http://www.simplyrecipes.com/recipes/perfect_cheesecake/
And recipe for graham crackers: http://allrecipes.com/recipe/honey-graham-crackers/?scale=12&ismetric=0
- Used 1.5 cups crushed graham crackers, 1.5 tablespoons sugar, 3.5 tablespoons melted butter. Baked for 5 minutes (didn’t need full 10). Next time, can add a dash of coconut flakes or a little more cinnamon to graham cracker crust.
- Substituted sour cream with 1 cup heavy cream + 1 tablespoon white vinegar. Was nice and tangy.
- All ingredients sat outside until at room temperature, so only needed to use a fork to mix them all together. No need for hand-mixer. Batter is delicious before adding eggs.
- Just put a pan of water in the lowest rack of oven. Didn’t need to prepare complicated aluminum foil apparatus.
- Stopped cooking when edges became brown and started to see a few cracks. Slow cooling sealed up the cracks.
- Did not crack open oven door for slow-cooling, left it shut.
- Did not make sour cream or raspberry toppings, and liked it just fine. 🙂
This is a gigantic cheesecake, which will take some time to finish, and can be devoured over various meals. It is creamy and rich and melts in your mouth. I have used this recipe twice afterward, and it has worked well every time, and needs to be watched if using a different oven.